Monday, June 22, 2009

Phelpsie?? I think not.

"Phelpsie."

This is a nickname that Brad and I have called each other every now and then when one of us is swimming. You know, because we are awesome...like Michael Phelps...the pot smoking, Olympic swimming, party animal?? Ummhumm.

Well, we were hoping to have another "Phelpsie" in the house. You see, Jackson has been taking swim lessons everyday for the past 2 weeks. It is a group session...10 kids and 4 instructors. Unfortunately, our experience has been less than stellar and I think the only thing that Jackson has gotten out of the class is swimmer's ear! (No. Seriously.) I may be a little bitter towards the whole thing because the class is 40 minutes away...and 55 minutes back in 5 o'clock rush hour traffic. My fault, I know. But I was told the classes were awesome...sucker. (Sorry, Anne...you've already heard my complaints.)

On the bright side, I've found a private instructor who will teach both the boys...starting this Sunday. Let's all say a little chant and hope that "Miss Mallory" can work her magic with them. I'd love to have a third or fourth "Phelpsie" in the house! Ok...minus the bong.

I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment