Monday, June 29, 2009

Can you. Talk like. Robot.

You know all of the latest studies say that if you teach your children a foreign language while they are really young then they will be super smart. I don't know the full story, but I think it's something about stimulating a certain part of the brain. Anyway, I don't give into all this peer pressure. (But I do remember when we were in Chicago that many places offered foreign language classes for very young children...and of course some people were all over it.)

Well, not me. First of all, I don't really want my kids to be geniuses....smart, yes...but normal! I mean, there are days when I think Jackson is already smarter than I am. (Must be all the "foreign language" he has learned from Dora and Kai-Lan on Nick Jr.) But a genius in this house...well, if you're born that way, that is one thing...but to try and turn your child into a genius....I've got better things to do.

Now that I think about it, though, maybe my kids are geniuses. Take Sawyer, for example. He is very fluent in a foreign language at the age of 2 1/2. No, he doesn't speak Spanish...or French...or German. The child speaks Robot. Now, how many people can say that!?! Ahhh yes. Maybe he is a genius after all. Look out Ivy League...here we come!

(Don't forget to scroll down the right side and pause the music.)

No comments:

Post a Comment