Monday, October 4, 2010

Awake.

I never thought I'd say this.  I mean, after all, if anyone could compete with Rip Van Winkle for hours of sleep required...that would be me.  But I'm going to say it anyway.  I'm awake.  Ok, Master of the Obvious, stop cackling.  I heard you.  Of course you're awake...you're blogging, aren't you?  But that's not what I mean.  I mean....I'm awake.  AWAKE.  Or perhaps I should say....awakened.

I don't know what it is.  I can't explain it.  Ever since Finley was born I have felt completely different.  Content.  Complete.  Alive.  Not that I didn't feel all these things before....but now it's in such an energetic and spiritual way that it is difficult for me to comprehend.  Maybe it's because we are done having babies.  I mean, before Finley was born, I just felt like someone was missing.  (Enter, Chopper.  PS...it wasn't him that was missing.  No offense, dog.)  Knowing that our family is complete is a wonderful feeling.  Let the next chapter begin!

Since I feel as though I am starting a new journey...I have decided to make a commitment to myself.  You know, with commitments, it's better to share them.  That way you have to live them out and not be all talk.  So here is my new life rule and promise to myself.

I promise to nourish & strengthen my mind, body, and spirit. 

In other words....I will exercise.  I will eat better.  I will be kinder.  I will introduce others to God.  I will volunteer.  I will build a stronger relationship with the Lord.  I will be a better role model for my children. I will read something other than People Magazine.  I will simplify.  I will rectify. 

As you can see...I have a lot to get done.  But don't we all?  And I'm not talking about cleaning the house, doing the laundry, or going to the grocery.  These things will all get done in time.  I mean...I have things to get done! 

Better get moving...

No comments:

Post a Comment