Monday, October 18, 2010

Another shout out...

...to my kiddos.

Heard a song the other day while listening to my Indigo Girls station on Pandora radio.  As soon as I heard it, I ran upstairs to check out the artist.  Sometimes I am moved to do this...but usually I am in the middle of cooking dinner, yelling at my hugging my kids, and putting stuff away while my Pandora is playing....so I never get around to it.  Anyway, the artist intrigued me enough to check out her website....she is amazing!

Turns out, Sara Groves (the gal singing the tune) is categorized as a Christian singer...of which I have never been into before.  Maybe the Christian radio stations I have tuned into are just not that great...or maybe I am just a sucker for Lady GaGa (yes, the freakshow) and other smutty music.  But hey, you gotta indulge somehow.

So the shout out already.  It's called You Cannot Lose my Love:

"You will lose your baby teeth.
At times, you'll lose your faith in me.
You will lose a lot of things,
But you cannot lose my love.

You may lose your appetite,
Your guiding sense of wrong and right.
You may lose your will to fight,
But you cannot lose my love.

You will lose your confidence.
In times of trial, your common sense.
You may lose your innocence,
But you cannot lose my love.

Many things can be misplaced;
Your very memories be erased.
No matter what the time or space,
You cannot lose my love.
You cannot lose,
You cannot lose,
You cannot lose my love."
I also added it to my song list...so you can listen too.   It's a good one, eh?  (Come on...I know someone cried...I did!)

2 comments:

  1. Did you see that she'll be playing in your next of the woods on December 3 (www.saragroves.com/concerts)? I am still hoping that she'll be playing on the west side of the Northwest this December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trina! I'm going to have to check that out. Isn't she amazing? Her songs and all that she does...truly a fabulous person.

    ReplyDelete